The following provides the Catalyst Insurance, Ltd. membership with important policies and procedures as it relates to your financial obligations. It's important to note when the obligations are required to be in place to retain your membership in good standing position.
A. Premium Installments
- 1st Installment due to broker by June 1st
- 2nd Installment due to broker by September 1st
- 3rd Installment due to broker by December 1st
- 4th Installment due to broker by March 1st
*Failure to pay premiums would result in cancellation of coverage.
B. Security Collateral Requirement (either cash or letter of credit)
- 2/3rds of A Fund Yr. 1
- 2/3rds of A Fund Yr. 2
- 2/3rds of A Fund Yr. 3
- Maximum 2A for the three most recent underwriting years. Will be adjusted annually up or down after participation in 3 complete underwriting years.
- Collateral Obligation is required to be in place within 60 days of inception date for New Members.
- Collateral Obligation is required to be in place within 60 days of renewal date for all Members.
C. Experience Adjustment (i.e., Claims Indemnification Billings, A Fund Assessment Billing):
|Quarterly Billing Dates||Based on Financial Statement Dates|
|June 1st||November 30th|
|September 1st||November 30th|
|December 1st||May 31st|
|March 1st||May 31st|
All Members must be compliant with all financial requirements or they would be subject to non-renewal the following year. Each member’s situation is reviewed to determine if a notice is warranted. Judgment by the executive committee for recommending non-renewal of a member will be based upon the frequency and degree of non-compliance with all of the financial obligations as outlined above.
E. Financial Watch List Factors
- Failure to provide updated financial statements annually to Catalyst Insurance, Ltd.'s independent financial analyst.
- Drop below acceptable ratios as determined by Catalyst Insurance, Ltd.'s independent financial analyst.
- Members on the Financial Watch List are required to provide updated financial information on a quarterly basis to the independent financial analyst.
The member will be notified of its inclusion on the financial watch list and the criteria used to make that determination. Failure to make corrective action in a reasonable time period will result in the member being subject to non-renewal.